Probably the only Asian who can’t cook rice, but knows a thing or two about content marketing, Shopify and broadcast design.
Michael P. Hill is a creative communications professional focused on building compelling, captivating content and solutions.
Michael's knowledge is backed with solid and proven experience in developing niche content, content marketing, project management, product management and designing and developing dynamic Web properties.
Combining a unique background in journalism and content generation with a sharp eye for design and strategic problem solving, Michael works every day to create create and solutions that inform, engage and deliver results.
Michael was born in South Korea and raised in Pennsylvania and currently is based in Chicago. In his spare time, Michael enjoys cooking (just don't ask him to make rice), reading and spending time with his family.
What Michael's up to...
NewscastStudio is the premier trade publication for television creative professionals. The site provides breaking and exclusive industry coverage along with the Web’s largest galleries of set and motion graphics design inspiration.
Michael’s Latest NewscastStudio Posts
- CBS director describes calling shots for Apollo 11 coverage
- ‘Access’ is changing its name back to its old one
- On second day, ‘CBS Evening News with Norah O’Donnell’ ventures out of studio
- Watch this fascinating footage of how CBS covered the moon mission back in 1969
- NBC News will build ‘custom’ set at 30 Rock as part of new Quibi deal
Out of the Sandbox
Out of the Sandbox is home to the most used and highest rated Shopify themes — ever. At Out of the Sandbox, Michael works directly with customers to find practical and creative solutions to design, technical and ecommerce challenges as well as authoring the the Out of the Sandbox blog, focusing on providing clear and actionable advice to Shopify store owners.
Michael’s Latest Out of the Sandbox Posts
- Building trust: How to use common and not-so-common trustmarks on your Shopify theme
- "The Opportunity Ahead" – Shopify Unite Partner Conference Recap
- How to easily remove 'powered by Shopify' from your Shopify theme — and why you might not want to
- Creating landing pages with your Shopify theme
- Why your Shopify store might go down — and what to do when it happens
Michael’s always got more cool projects in the works — but they’re hush hush right now. Stay tuned here or follow Michael on social media to keep tabs on what’s up.
Get in touch...
Thank you for your interest. Michael is currently accepting custom Shopify projects with minimum budgets of $25,000. However, Michael is currently not accepting website or Shopify projects under this amount. Michael suggests Out of the Sandbox Shopify themes for Shopify stores. For technical support related to Out of the Sandbox themes, please use the Out of the Sandbox Support Center.