Probably the only Asian who can’t cook rice, but knows a thing or two about content marketing, Shopify and broadcast design.
Michael P. Hill is a creative communications professional focused on building compelling, captivating content and solutions.
Michael's knowledge is backed with solid and proven experience in developing niche content, content marketing, project management, product management and designing and developing dynamic Web properties.
Combining a unique background in journalism and content generation with a sharp eye for design and strategic problem solving, Michael works every day to create create and solutions that inform, engage and deliver results.
Michael was born in South Korea and raised in Pennsylvania and currently is based in Chicago. In his spare time, Michael enjoys cooking (just don't ask him to make rice), reading and spending time with his family.
What Michael's up to...
NewscastStudio is the premier trade publication for television creative professionals. The site provides breaking and exclusive industry coverage along with the Web’s largest galleries of set and motion graphics design inspiration.
Michael’s Latest NewscastStudio Posts
- Conan, marking the end of his ‘three month shutdown,’ gets his own Pantone color
- ‘Conan’ gets debuts linear new set for ‘slimmed down’ version
- TeenNick rebrand takes typography on new twists and turns
- CNN breathlessly promos ‘first major television event’ of 2020 election
- Chicago Univision debuts new morning newscast
Out of the Sandbox
Out of the Sandbox is home to the most used and highest rated Shopify themes — ever. At Out of the Sandbox, Michael works directly with customers to find practical and creative solutions to design, technical and ecommerce challenges as well as authoring the the Out of the Sandbox blog, focusing on providing clear and actionable advice to Shopify store owners.
Michael’s Latest Out of the Sandbox Posts
- How to get Shopify support from the team best suited to help you
- Why adding a new feature to a Shopify theme isn't as easy as it might seem (at least to do it right)
- Our favorite Shopify theme reviews from 2018
- The year that was: Looking back at 2018 in the world of Shopify themes
- How to increase the value of new customers that bought during BFCM
Michael’s always got more cool projects in the works — but they’re hush hush right now. Stay tuned here or follow Michael on social media to keep tabs on what’s up.
Get in touch...
Thank you for your interest. Michael is currently accepting custom Shopify projects with minimum budgets of $25,000. However, Michael is currently not accepting website or Shopify projects under this amount. Michael suggests Out of the Sandbox Shopify themes for Shopify stores. For technical support related to Out of the Sandbox themes, please use the Out of the Sandbox Support Center.